Wednesday, September 28, 2011

ADO.Net executenonquery run return -1

when i implemented an update Functionality using asp.net.

I got a very strange return -1 in each execution. since I had a conditional check to verify each update.

As I know that sqlComm.ExecuteNonQuery() return the number of rows being affected by the Update, Insert operation.

when i went back to look at my Stored-Procedure i found that SET NOCOUNT ON; in my Stored Procedure.

Alter PROCEDURE [dbo].[Customer_Data_Master_Upd]
@Prospect nvarchar(10)
AS
BEGIN 
     SET NOCOUNT ON;
  
    Update Customer_Data_Master
    Set Status='N'
    where LCDGCC =@Prospect

END

after I commented out the line Set NOCOUNT ON

My conditional check works as plan. In My opinion, the Set NOCOUNT On should only be enable in Select statment to improve performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment