Thursday, March 15, 2012

How to fix visual studio 2010 unable to open CSS styleSheet Error

I got an error when i try to open the CSS stylesheet under my web project.

the Error Message Box show this Message "the operation could not be completed"

I google the web with this error message. there are various suggestion or solution. but None of them apply for my case. I tried to re-apply the Visual Studio SP1 as some one suggestion in MSDN forum. I still was unable to fix my issue.

The root cause of this issue is that i had upgrade my Visual Studio 2010 to SP1. It looks like the upgrade cause the conflict with Visual Studio web Standard.

after i download the  Web Standards Update for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 from the following web link.
Web Standards Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1

I installed the patch and reboot my PC. the error message box is gone and i can open and edit the CSS file inside Visual Studio 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment